The urgency of the Coronavirus crisis is causing a major disruption in supply chains around the world. 3D printing excels in addressing some specific problems in the realm of manufacturing and traditional supply chains.
- Reproducing hard to get parts – if you have an object (tool, part whatever) that is hard to replace because it is no longer made, takes a long time to get or would be very expensive to make via a mold, 3D printing may be able to provide a solution.
- Likewise, if you have an idea for a part that doesn’t exist yet but you have a general idea of what you need, 3D printing is ideal for rapid revisions and prototyping.
We’d like to help the healthcare industry address this crisis. Here’s what we can offer.
- Chromatic 3D prints parts that are rubber-like: flexible and strong. Unlike other industrial 3D printers, our material sets chemically during the printing to give a high strength part.
- Excellent matches for our technology would be flexible parts such as gaskets for production equipment, pistons for pneumatic equipment, or bands to fit specialized personalized protective equipment (PPE.)
- Chromatic 3D has not yet completed biocompatibility testing, but we know that we use ingredients commonly used in medical devices. We expect to pass biocompatibility tests.
- 3D printing does not substitute for mass production. Typically, 3D printing is a technology of choice when you need fewer than 1000 parts, and when mold design is costly, time-consuming, or impossible.
If you have a need you think fits into the profile we have described we would really love to talk to you. We believe that with ingenuity and collaboration we can, together, conquer Covid-19.
To discuss further please contact us here email@example.com
In the meantime, here are some useful resources and ideas for this rapidly developing moment of crisis:
- Emergency Use Authorizations from the FDA
- Technical considerations for Manufactured Medical Devices from the FDA
- Open Source Medical Supplies Guide
- Hands Free Door Opener (an example of creative NON-MEDICAL solution 3D printing can provide)